May 26, 2009

My Mother's Day

(I'm so behind on postings, so I figure better late than never.)

This Mother's Day was wonderful as usual. 
Taylor always lets me sleep in extra long while getting the kids together to make me a fantastic breakfast.  Then they excitedly come in to wake me up.
 
Hailey really got into doing things for me this year.  She spent HOURS in her room putting together this Mother's Day sign.  Each letter is cut out separately, each one has a different design, and then she pieced it all together.  I was absolutely amazed.

Next, she made this sign/card on the art easel to have everyone sign.

Taylor surprised me with some beautiful flowers.  Jordan made an especially sweet card in his computer class at school.

Hailey wrote this in her school class. 

In Primary, the kids got to write different things that they "know" about us.  I'm always entertained by these.  It makes me realize how little they know AND really how much they know about me.  When it comes to little things, like where and when I'm born, I realize it took me a long time to remember those things about my mom as well.  However, when it comes to the things my kids say I do during the day, and what I do for them, I realize how keen they are to this info. 


Uhhh, my favorite thing to do is to cook?  HAHAHAHA!!!!  Best joke I've heard all day!


My favorite line is that I cut myself and burn myself.  Ahhh, he knows me too well.

I am so grateful to be a mother to these four wonderful children.  What I especially love about Mother's Day is that I know that behind the day-to-day grind, the thoughts my children express to me are how they feel.
I know I need to work on being much, much, much, much more patient with each of them.  I thank my Heavenly Father each day for the blessings they each bring.  

5 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Hailey's handcut sign is incredible!!! You love to cook, huh!? And you had no idea... priceless. :)

Lindsey said...

Wow-that sign is quite impressive.

My kids got most of the answers wrong on the mother's day thing to, but I sure I didn't know that stuff and it is quite amusing.

Rachel B. said...

So cute! I also love that during the day you cut and burn yourself...like those are tasks you do everyday. Ha! I really do think you have exceptionally sweet kids. You are a great mom and Reese misses her Las Vegas "mom" and still talks about you guys almost daily. And man, I can't wait until my kids get older and give me the attention and love I deserve on Mother's Day. ;)

Unguren said...

It looks as though it was a good mothers day. That sign that Hailey made was impressive.

Amy said...

Looks like you got treated right!