January 1, 2009

R.I.P.

Barney has been a staple in our home for many years.  The kids have all loved him when they were small, and now that Benjamin has outgrown him, we decided to let Katie adopt him as her latest "baby".  Her babies are stuffed animals that she carries around, and she's VERY protective of them.  However, when we tell her to "get her baby", she starts whipping them around, much like an animal trying to kill its prey.



When she's alone, she chews on them until their stuffing comes out.  Barney was such a trooper.  He lasted WAY longer than any of the other babies. 
Good thing Katie's fixed, or we'd have to report her to CPS.

We'll miss you Barney.....just not the stuffing all over the house.

5 comments:

Kati said...

Barney wasn't already dead? Josh and Gregg just made comments about him last night while playing Balderdash. That's funny!

Katie said...

I knew Barney was good for something! Rock on, Katie (your dog, not me, although I'm pretty rockin' myself)!

Jaime Lynne said...

Farewell, Barney. And don't worry... we won't report you to CPS unless we see Taylor beating the kids in the parking lot at church. We've got an eye on you, Taylor. :)

Michael...Midol....Punky....Mido the Sugar Bear Punky....Twitcher....Cheetoh Eater said...

That sucks....that reminds me of the Kermit the frog we had back in the day.

Melissa said...

Conner's marble thing works great. We don't seem to have that problem that yours had. Patrick's dad got it from Toys R Us for him, so maybe you could exchange it for another one. My only problem with it is that I'm an idiot so it took me forever to put it together right, and it took conner 10 seconds to knock it over! Hope you can find something that will work!
BTW, love Barney as a chew toy!