June 12, 2008

Noah "The Writer"

Taylor told me that Noah mentioned last week how much he loves to write. I had no idea. I was so proud of this Writing Prompt he did at school that I felt I had to post it.

Do you have a place where you can relax, rest and do things you usually can’t do in public? I do. It is in North Las Vegas, Nevada and in a development called Beazer. It is my home.

I smell my mom making fresh homemade bread, my dad cooking burgers on the grill, the wheat being grinded, and fresh air. What I feel is my mom and dad’s hugs wrapped all around me, I feel relaxed and tired on my big soft bed. I hear peaceful quietness, the phone ringing uncontrollably, and the door opening and closing. Then I see the TV on channel twenty-three, my brothers and sister, my mom and dad, my dog, the sunlight like a blinking light bulb, and the basketball court outside.

Now you can see why home is my favorite place. So what is yours?

8 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Wow, that is really good. I love that not so little guy. I also love your new background. It's very cute.

Amy said...

He is really good! What a great descriptive paragraph.

Lindsey said...

Wow, that's has to make you feel good- you've got to be doing something right.

Jaime Lynne said...

Wow! I mean WOW! Noah described the home in such detail that I could see it myself. Love that he said it's "in a place called North Las Vegas... Beazer. It is my home." That is my favorite part. And what a tribute to you and Taylor that his home is such a happy sanctuary for him.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

wow. Great writing. Maybe he should start his own blog, and test his reading level? There's nothing wrong with being outdone by our kids, right? Ha ha. Totally kidding. kelli

Amy said...

Way to go, Noah!!! I felt like I was in your house for a second there. What good things he had to say...such detail, too.

Momoo Sherie said...

Noah,
Love it! Didn't know you could write like that. Are you sure you didn't have an adult help you with that? You're an amazing writer! Will you help your Mom in updating my website. You have a real talent!

Ginger said...

Yes, I was so surprised he could write like that. I never knew.
I'm sure that if I "tested" his writing level on a blog I would no doubt be beat by him. I never was a writer and never enjoyed it.