May 23, 2008

Disneyland Without the Kids

One of the perks of Taylor working on a stake level, is that there is a yearly adult trip. They fill one busload of couples and head to a different location each year. This year happened to be to Disneyland.
It's been 7 months since I broke my foot, but it still bothers me at times, so I brought my boot "just in case". I had heard that if you rent a wheelchair, you have accessibility to get to the front of the line of some rides. I thought this was a great idea, but felt really guilty doing it without really being hurt.
When we stopped midway to California in Barstow, I jumped down from a wall and landed on my foot completely wrong. This was the "just in case" that made me thankful for bringing the boot. At Disneyland, after about an hour, we ended up renting that wheelchair since I was slowing everyone down. It became a big joke about how great it was that I was hurt, so all of us could get in to the rides faster. Taylor now says that every time we go to Disneyland, someone will have an ailment of some sort that requires a wheelchair. Ha! Yeah right. Hopefully not.

Before Grizzly Rapids - We had all been on this ride before, so we realized we would get somewhat wet.

After Grizzly Rapids - We were absolutely soaking wet. Random boats get poured on towards the end. We were one of those lucky boats. You can't tell how wet everyone is from this picture, but as for me, I am completely drenched.

This is inside the Indiana Jones ride. Many rides like this let you go to a wheelchair accessible line, which means you don't have to wait in the 1+ hour line with the rest of the world. I think our group was thrilled I was hurt. We probably would have had a larger following had other people known we rented a wheelchair.

A shot looking up at Taylor pushing me around in the wheelchair. I really realized after this trip how sweet Taylor is. The fact that he pushed me around the parks for two days amazed me.

Bugs' Life

Taylor tried to take my picture during the Tower of Terror.


Most people don't recognize that I'm even in this picture. I was tired of getting soaked, and my entire bottom half was drenched from beginning of the ride. Unfortunately, I think this would have worked better if I had covered my bottom half with the jacket to begin with. It made for a funny picture though.

California Screamin' - We thought it was funny that the picture happen to be taken just as we were looking at each other.

6 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

That looks like so much fun! We always wished we would have gone to disneyland for our honeymoon, since we've never had a chance to go without the kids. We went to San Fransisco (boooring), and we were too young to even rent a car, so we were quite limited. Yep, disneyland would have been much better. Glad you had fun! kelli

Lindsey said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun- I have to admit that I'm a little jealous though- how does that work that people got to go- I guess we are just not in the right crowd huh? Even more jealous you went without kids- so much fun!

Ginger said...

Lindsey, we had no idea before that this was even happening. We were told that it was basically HC & Bishops, then it started spreading. I guess because not everyone could get the day off to go. We ended up telling the Bullingers & I'm assuming Tina told Trish. Just that Mormon word of mouth. You never know where it goes or where it ends up.

Rachel B. said...

Faker! Just kidding, but I do want to go to Disneyland with my invalid sister next time. That picture of you and Taylor looking at each other on the roller coaster is really cute.

P.S. I'm supposed to comment for Tom and say that he's very happy you have that Carly Smithson song on your blog and that it was his favorite performance of the year. You would think one of his own (David/Thomas Cook's) would have been his favorite. Hmm.

Momoo Sherie said...

I just love Disneyland! Too bad your father doesn't. Glad I was able to go with everyone from work and some of our family. You were "lucky" you hurt your foot, because I'm sure Saturday would not be that fun with the lines. Mid-week was great though. Hardly any lines. Thanks for letting Hailey tag along with us. Hope she's not traumatized from the "Tower of Terror". Hope Dad gets his blog up and running soon. I would love to post some pictures and let him write the script. I don't know what is holding him back.

The Pili Aiga said...

What a fun idea...I bet you had a great time! That boot pass is pretty handy huh? We couldn't believe how quick we got on the rides when Way tore his achilles. Good Times (there has to be some benefit to the pain, right?) We've got to get together for a BBQ sometime soon. It would be fun!