February 22, 2008

Grandpa's 84th Birthday Party

This is a present that Michael bought for Grandpa. I think he probably forgot he had it on after a little bit because he ended up wearing it the entire night.
Showing off how the earring has affected his personality. So cool.

Gretchen and Robin got everyone in the family room to sing Happy Birthday to Grandpa. Everyone was in a different key. At least it ended somewhat on the same note. Then they decided, in honor of Grandpa, to sing "Stouthearted Men". I remember hearing him sing the chorus to us when I was younger, but I couldn't believe how many adults knew this song. I still have no clue where it came from or what it's about. It was funny to see Grandpa, Gretchen, Robin and my dad get so into singing it.

Grandpa LOVES being the center of attention :)

I guess the little ones got bored, so they decided to make their own fun. If I would have to guess, these kids ended up jumping for almost an hour. Benjamin did this somersault each and every time he jumped.

Noah, on the other hand, looks funny since he's twice the size of these little ones. It just doesn't look quite as fun for him as the others.

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I love this post! Grandpa's earring is hilarious. I also love that video of the kids acrobatics. Wish I could have been there.

Hey, I'm trying to call you right now so don't ignore the phone. :) I have quick question.

the Koch's said...

I cannot stop laughing at Grandpa Bill with that earing. In a strange way he can sort of pull off that look... for an 84 year old that is!

Shelley said...

Mikey has such personality! And so does Grandpa Bill! We are so sad we missed his party!