August 12, 2009

14 Years & Counting

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. It's such an odd feeling. It feels like it's flown by so fast, yet I can't remember a time when I didn't know Taylor.
He's the perfect man for me, but sometimes I'm amazed at how we ended up together. We were so opposite. He was Mr. Social, while I was so reserved and quiet. He was the institute council president at the time, and was conducting a meeting that I was actually forced to go to by my friends (thank you, you guys). There was just something about him when I first saw him. I was instantly attracted to him, but of course knew nothing could ever come of that. Everyone knew who he was, and since he was such a flirt, I knew many girls wanted to go out with him. I later found out that my roommate had gone out with him a couple times right before we met.
I still don't know how everything fell into place, but I know that Heavenly Father had a huge hand in it. From the moment we met, we ended up either seeing each other or talking on the phone every day from that point.

Wow we look tired. Going to work, then staying up all night with each other can really take a toll on your body. Unfortunately, you don't really know this is happening at the time.

Wedding day - 1995

1997

1999

2001

2003

2006

2008

2009

I am more in love with you today than I was 14 years ago. I am so grateful to know that you are my protector, provider, and most of all my best friend....the person I can tell anything to.

Happy Anniversary honey! We've come a long way!!!!!


5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Happy Anniversary you old fogies! Haha. Can't believe it's been that long. Hope you have a good one!

Michael...Midol....Punky....Mido the Sugar Bear Punky....Twitcher....Cheetoh Eater said...

This post was awesome Ginger. Its crazy to think that you have been married that long. I still remember when Jordan was a little punk and I would hangout with him or babysit....who knows what we did. Anyway....Taylor is an awesome guy and Im happy for you 2.

Anonymous said...

Wow 14 years. Mark and I will hit 14 in Feb. can't believe how fast time goes. You 2 are so great together. I think you were made for eachother. :)

Karyn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We were married in 95 also-crazy huh! Time does have it's way of flying by for sure! Hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating and enjoy all the years have to bring!

Jaime Lynne said...

Happy 14 years together! What a beautiful celebration and what a beautiful couple. Umm, I hate to bring this up but I was in high school in 1995! ;)