July 16, 2009

I Feel Dirty!

I seriously have found a new hobby/passion. This hobby of baking has been taking up half my days lately . . . . and the other half taken up by cleaning it all up.

Ever since I started making cakes, I have used a MASSIVE amount of Crisco. I told Taylor the other day that in the past 6 months I have used more Crisco than I have used our entire 14 years of marriage....and then some. Not only do many recipes call for it, but you also need to slather it all over your counter and hands in order to keep fondant from sticking to it. My whole body just feels like a mess of grease and powdered sugar when I get finish a cake.....but I LOVE IT!

This cake was an assignment for my class right now.

Hailey wanted to make a miniature version of my cake. I think she did a pretty dang good job!


For the end of the school year, the kids and I made cakes for their teachers.

Mr. Games loves golf, so Noah really wanted to duplicate my previous golf cake. This time we made some additions with my first attempt at gum paste.

Mrs. Norman loves motorcycles, but I wasn't even about to attempt one yet. I found this cute idea online of a thank you note written from the student to the teacher on notebook paper.

"Little Hailey"

Despite my lack of sleep, and finishing up at the last second, I think they turned out pretty good. I even had some people ask me where I got them from. Hahaha! What a great compliment!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Is that what you have been doing- I feel like I haven't seen you in years!!

Very impressive though-I will have to hire you to start making all our cakes.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

You must have loads of patience to do that! Doesn't it feel good to pursue something that YOU want to do?
kelli

Rachel B. said...

I LOVE the notebook one. Seriously cool.

Samantha said...

You should totally start doing some Crisco wrestling, since you have so much of the stuff. I'll bet Taylor would LOVE it! :)

Unguren said...

Blake uses a lot of crisco in his cookies. But he probably hasn't used as much as you. Those cakes look awesome. Well done.

Michael...Midol....Punky....Mido the Sugar Bear Punky....Twitcher....Cheetoh Eater said...

Ginger your cakes are ridiculous! I am being serious!! Next time I have any birthday or anything to go to for a client I am going to pay you to make a cake for it and then we gotta get you some business cards!! You can call it Caron Cakes :) I miss ya Ginger and I need to come over and hangout

Shelley said...

SO cool, Ginger! Amazing!

Jaime Lynne said...

You are insanely talented at that, Ginger. My birthday is in April. You have many months to devise the perfect cake for me. ;)

Frenchy! said...

Cakes are awesome Ginger and I haven't seen you in ages either! Good thing I visit teach you!
My birthday's come and gone, but next July you should have down to a perfection! Well, looks pretty close to perfect to me NOW!!

Jules said...

Now it's time to start selling them! You should make cards. :)