March 25, 2009

My Duty

Argh! I have been dreading this day for months. I have even woken up in the middle of the night in a panic, thinking I had forgotten to make that important phone call.

 Finally, at 6 pm I made that ever so important call and heard exactly what I was hoping to hear.  "Prospective jurors with badge numbers 101 to #800 are not to report and that completes your service."   

WOOOOHOOOO!!!

It used to be so easy to get out of jury duty. Just call my lawyer daddy and get him to make a call for me.  Now, they won't even let HIM out of duty.

.....until next time. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are so lucky. A girl in my ward was chosen to be on the jury. She was pregnant, sick, had 3 small kids at home, and still couldn't get out of it! She said it was a bad case, and she hated every minute!

Jaime Lynne said...

That is hilarious because Robert made the same call and received the same message on the same day. You both lucked out big time. My day of service lasted until 8:00 p.m. And I didn't even have to sit on a jury. I was so ticked off... and starving.