February 22, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

When Taylor & I met, things happened so fast.  We would either talk on the phone or hang out somewhere every single day.  Our first "official date" ended up being a Valentine's dance.  

We've never been ones to make a big thing about it, but after 14 years, I thought I'd shake it up a bit and offer to go fishing with him.  No coaxing needed.

Ahhh, how romantic!  Floyd Lamb State Park.  The mecca for lovers everywhere.  This was my first time going fishing with Taylor, so he was SO excited.  He even compared this event to our honeymoon.  Funny, I couldn't quite make that comparison myself.

I had to have Taylor cast out my line each time because my fingers were numb from the cold.   Each time I felt a fish tapping my line, I was supposed to tell Taylor and he would come over to help me.  Finally, I started to feel a fish tap and tap at my line, so I decided to try to get this sucker in myself.  Taylor was in complete amazement as I pulled in my monstrous catch.  

It was actually pretty fun.  Not saying that it's my new hobby, but I won't mind doing it again.

7 comments:

Katie said...

It doesn't matter what you do as long as it's together-although I don't think I want something with scales as a part of my V-day.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

good wife. And freezing cold? I don't think so.

Amy said...

First the cake, now this? You are really turning into quite the woman!

That Valentine dance was so much fun. I can't believe it was 14 years ago! That doesn't seem possible.

Ginger said...

You're telling me. It feels like it was yesterday.

Jaime Lynne said...

You do it all... you bake, you fish! Love your giant catch. Did you eat it?

Unguren said...

Yeah, you got to admit fishing is fun. You should give fly fishing a go!

Sherrie said...

What a Fun Valentines Day!!!! You won't forget it anytime soon!!!! You are such a great wife and Mom!!!!! Miss you!!!!