December 12, 2008

Mommy-Daughter Date

We recently realized that RARELY am I ever alone with Hailey since Benjamin is usually around.  Since the older boys are "too cool" to go see a Disney movie now, we decided to make an official Mommy-Daughter date out of seeing the movie Bolt. 
 
I'm not a big fan of 3-D movies.  Not that I mind things coming at me from the screen, but it's those dang glasses you have to wear.  Fortunately, the glasses they give you at the theater aren't paper, and they aren't red/blue, so they're much more bearable.   The 3-D in the movie also didn't have the intention to throw things at your eyes constantly, but to make the characters seem more real.  I enjoyed the movie and thought it was pretty cute.

She was so excited that she got all dolled up for our "date".....even sneaking to put on make-up (hard to tell in the picture).  I didn't notice until we were already at the theater.

We went to the 12 o'clock showing in the middle of the week, which generally means not as many people would be there.  Not only were the crowds low, we were the ONLY ones in the theater.

I made her pose in front of the poster, and it happened to be a very cold day that day.  
Poor girl.

7 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

I LOVE that you spent some girl time with Hailey! I remember those special moments with my mother to this day.

Michael...Midol....Punky....Mido the Sugar Bear Punky....Twitcher....Cheetoh Eater said...

That is hillarious that you were the only people in the theatre. That is the best though because then its like your very own theatre. I want to take your boys out one night to go see a movie or something if thats cool. It would be fun. Keep up the bloggin!!

Unguren said...

That is cute that you had a date.

You guys look so much alike. I never really noticed it before I looked at that picture. Holy Cow.

Ginger said...

It's funny you say that because I've been hearing that a lot lately, but I just don't see it. It's always easier to notice the resemblances in other families though.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

What a sweet girl who is growing up way too fast!

And it looks like your hair is really long these days. You look great!

I LOVE mommy/daughter dates....especially since there's just one daughter. You know what I mean.

Rachel B. said...

That is really cute! Does Hailey have sunglasses on in the theatre? She looks like she's a celebrity in hiding.

Ginger said...

She's got the 3-D glasses on....while plugging her ears. She hates how loud the previews are.