June 27, 2008

Did You Think to Pray?

I noticed that the craziness of getting everyone up and out to school in the morning was having an effect on my remembering to have my morning prayer. I also realized that my children were also forgetting unless I reminded them each night. In order to fix this, I decided that for FHE we were going to talk about prayer and make our own prayer rocks. I know this idea has been used and may sound corny to some, but my kids have never heard of this and I needed to try it. I was grateful that they really got into the idea used their individuality to be creative in this project. Needless to say, it works for me. Each time I see my rock on my nightstand, I remember to stop, pray, and take things a little slower in the morning.

Benjamin really got into painting his rock.

(clockwise from top left): Jordan, Noah, Hailey, Ginger, Taylor and Benjamin

6 comments:

Momoo Sherie said...

Hi Everyone! I need one of those. Maybe someone could make me one for my birthday. Dadoo could use one too. Not too big, because we're not as strong as we used to be. After all I am going to be 58(ugh) and Dadoo is older than that.

We miss all of you! Aloha from Hawaii.

Amy said...

Ginger, I love this. Your rocks are so pretty. What artistic kids! Ben is so cute in that clip w/ Katie. The other day, out of the blue, Clara said, "Mom, I want to play with Ben. When can I play with him." She loves that little guy.

marijke said...

I love your Prayer Rocks....they ROCK! Can't wait to see them up close! Love Mamoo Mike

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Great idea. Summer time throws us off too. Problem is, it also seems to throw off family night! It sounds like a really good Sunday afternoon activity. Thanks! kelli

Sherrie said...

I forgot all about prayer rocks. I love your idea. I think that we are going to copy and do the same thing for family night. I also learned a neat thing for family prayer. It is that you have an alarm clock in your family room and it is set to go off morning and night for family prayer. Miss you!!

The Pili Aiga said...

I'm so glad you reminded me of this. I'm using the idea for family home evening. I haven't blogged for a bit so I'm catching up on yours today. I love Noah's story and how cute Katie is. But Katie would've been cuter to me if you still lived across the street..ha ha...You know that house is still for sale? Your kids are getting so big and so good looking :)