October 31, 2007

My Unlucky/Coincidental Day




Noah and I went to the podiatrist yesterday to check on some foot problems we were each having. As we were walking out to our car, I biffed it by catching my heel on the edge of a curb. I am always such a clutz.
Since I'm so close to the doctor's office still, I waddle on back in and ask them for another x-ray. I thought for sure I just sprained it, but I just wanted to make sure. After a couple x-rays, sure enough I see a chip out of the bone at the top of my foot. Noah was such a huge help and showed me what a man he is.
So, lucky me, I get to wear this beautiful thing for the next 6 weeks. My other option was a cast. Amazing how such a little chip out of a bone can cause such pain and warrant this massive contraption.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

That is so funny that you were already at the foot Dr. at least you did it there and didn't have to go back.

Ginger & Taylor said...

Yeah, they even were able to put it in as the same office visit, so less out of my pocket. Yay!

Tom & Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! That sucks!

Tom & Rachel said...

I just looked at the picture enlarged and your face totally looks like Grandma Cherie there.

Shelley & Jake said...

That sucks! But now you have an excuse to be lazy for the next six weeks! :)

Kristie said...

Rachel is right you do look like Grandma Cherie in that picture.

Tom & Rachel said...

Hey, remember how you were sick of looking at Jenny's face? Well, I'm sick of looking at yours! hehe Time for a new post. ;)

Ginger & Taylor said...

You are rude Rachel! I have been busy staring at my foot, babying it, making everyone around me wait on me hand and foot. I haven't had time to worry about any type of so-called BLOG!
J/K, I know I need to get to it, but I'm not always that quick to get around to it. I promise you that you will see something else besides my noggin soon. Your wish is my command!