October 31, 2007

My Unlucky/Coincidental Day




Noah and I went to the podiatrist yesterday to check on some foot problems we were each having. As we were walking out to our car, I biffed it by catching my heel on the edge of a curb. I am always such a clutz.
Since I'm so close to the doctor's office still, I waddle on back in and ask them for another x-ray. I thought for sure I just sprained it, but I just wanted to make sure. After a couple x-rays, sure enough I see a chip out of the bone at the top of my foot. Noah was such a huge help and showed me what a man he is.
So, lucky me, I get to wear this beautiful thing for the next 6 weeks. My other option was a cast. Amazing how such a little chip out of a bone can cause such pain and warrant this massive contraption.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that you were already at the foot Dr. at least you did it there and didn't have to go back.

Ginger said...

Yeah, they even were able to put it in as the same office visit, so less out of my pocket. Yay!

Rachel B. said...

Oh my gosh! That sucks!

Rachel B. said...

I just looked at the picture enlarged and your face totally looks like Grandma Cherie there.

Shelley said...

That sucks! But now you have an excuse to be lazy for the next six weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel is right you do look like Grandma Cherie in that picture.

Rachel B. said...

Hey, remember how you were sick of looking at Jenny's face? Well, I'm sick of looking at yours! hehe Time for a new post. ;)

Ginger said...

You are rude Rachel! I have been busy staring at my foot, babying it, making everyone around me wait on me hand and foot. I haven't had time to worry about any type of so-called BLOG!
J/K, I know I need to get to it, but I'm not always that quick to get around to it. I promise you that you will see something else besides my noggin soon. Your wish is my command!