May 1, 2009

2 Words: Mor...On


Tuesday morning, I thought I'd be the dutiful little wifey and help my husband out with some yard work.  I'm not big on yard work, but I can handle a some trimming of the bushes....especially with our electric hedge trimmer.  I've always been pretty cautious with the trimmers.  Heaven only knows what damage you can do with those things.  

However, that morning I ended up gaining a little of my own knowledge when I grabbed the whirring blades instead of the handle.  My first thought was that I lost a fingertip or two.  After the initial shock subsided, I grabbed my hand and ran into the house yelling for Taylor.  Gratefully, he hadn't left for work yet so he was able to help me get this hamburger mess still called a finger steri-stripped back together.  I've am a self-proclaimed klutz, so I'm very familiar with what to do when you pop open some skin.  However, this was a little more than popping open some skin, so I wasn't quite sure what to do.  I went to ask a friend's husband who works for the fire department if I needed stitches, but I really ended up waiting too long for that.  I think I handled (no pun intended) the situation the best way I could.  I'm just SO grateful this is on my left hand, it only hit two fingers, and they are relatively still in one piece.
  
I think I'm done with the hedge trimmers for good.  I'll stick to the dishes.

7 comments:

thecustercrew said...

I went to cvs to buy steri-strips and they were all out. You must have emptied them out:) I hope your fingers are feeling better.

Rachel B. said...

Oh my gosh, Ging! That's scary. You're right that it's good it was on your left hand. I'm sorry. I'm sure it was extra helpful to have an extra little person around during all that.

Frenchy! said...

OOOHHHHH my it makes me cringe just thinking about it!! I don't handle stuff like that very well! Hope they heal properly for ya!! May need another diet coke for that! Help them to heal better! haha

The Ashby Family said...

I think you are just trying to copy us Ashby's. First a boy in crutches now stiches on fingers? What's up with that!

Lindsey said...

Geez- didn't you just get all healed from your foot thing-maybe you should starting wrapping yourself in bubble wrap.

Amy said...

Yikes, Ginger!!! Following in Grandpa Bill's footsteps? That sounds so scary. I hope you're going to be okay. Being one-handed for a while doesn't exactly sound all that appealing either. Get well soon!

Alli grins said...

Ouch! Yikes! Repeat after me, Ginger: "Yard work is for men." Kidding. I actually don't mind helping in the yard, but maybe the power tools should be left to your hubby. So glad you're okay!