March 11, 2008

Cutting Hair, Backscratching, and Time Machines

I finally got tired of the big fight of giving Ben a haircut. He acts as if he's being tortured, so I decided to cut it super short this time. That way it will be a long time before I need to cut it again. His first words after his haircut....."You cut my hair all off!"

Jordan asked Benjamin to scratch his back one night at the table (he actually does do a pretty good job at it), then Noah wanted in on the action. After a minute, Ben asked, "Does this feel good boys?"

On the way to school one day, Benjamin asked me if we could go see the "Time Machine". I had no idea what he was talking about. The other kids didn't have a clue either. On our way home, he saw a Bobcat and exclaimed...."The time machine!"

I still haven't figured out where he got it from, but for now his best friend is the "Time Machine" working in our neighborhood and he needs to see it every day.

6 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I love that little guy! "Does this feel good boys?" That literally made me laugh out loud. And the "time machine"?? I can't wait until Reese starts saying random things.

Sorry, I'm the crazy commenter on your blog. I just love telling people what I think when I read their posts. Our family sucks with commenting by the way.

Ginger said...

Yes, now that he's talking, the things that come out of his mouth are hilarious. I laughed my head off when he asked the boys if the scratching felt good. He's such a nut.

I know exactly what you mean about commenters from our family. Guess they just read and run. I love reading and/or writing comments. It's more interesting.

Shelley said...

Ben is becoming such a crack up! I love this stage. His buz hair cut is cute, by the way. We've done that many times to Evan both on accident ("whoops, guess we'd better take it all off!") or intentionally. And ladies, I'm hurt! You don't like my comments? ;)

Ginger said...

What we mean is, it stinks because hardly anyone in our great big family makes comments. Everyone reads, but they don't say anything about it.

Amy said...

Ginger, that is hilarious. I love Ben. Looks like you've been making up for lack of blogging...great posts. I can't seem to get the motivation these days. Great seeing you at the shower today.

Amy said...

Hey Taylor and Ginger,

It has been YEARS since I have seen you guys. I stumbled accross your blog on the Yoakums. I am glad to see that you are all doing well. Your kids are adorable!

Amy (O'Roarke)Rhodes